Community Talks: Energy & Transportation Series
Throughout the year, we are hosting a series of community talks. We invite speakers who are
experts in a specific area of energy or transportation for a community presentation, followed by questions and a discussion. These events are a great way to learn and get engaged, as well as to meet new people in the community.
Upcoming talks and events
Stay tuned on upcoming events:
Follow us on our Squamish CAN Facebook page
Sign up for our monthly Newsletter
Check the Event Calendar for upcoming events
Feel free to suggest a topic for a talk or a specific speaker. We are always happy to get
suggestions! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Past talks and events
We are currently partnering with OurSquamish to explore how we can improve cycling infrastructure in Squamish and how we can enable more people to travel by bike and use public spaces.
Cycling Infrastructure Community Engagement Event
A community engagement event was held during Fall 2019 to help us understand what the main impediments and enablers are to cycling in Squamish. We identified key points within the community where infrastructure is well designed and where it needs improvement. The results are helping us guide ongoing actions and advocate for a better cycling infrastructure in Squamish.
The future of ELECTRIC VEHICLES
* Maxime Charron - LeadingAhead Energy: EV Charging Infrastructure Specialist Maxime will discuss infrastructure and charging stations,
what is offered on the market and what EV daily driving is like.
*Michael Stanyer - PlugIn BC: Michael will talk about the various programs supporting the adoption of EV’s as well as insight on
policies and initiatives.
*Matt Blackman - Squamish Alternative Energy Group: As a green energy and economy advocate, Matt will bring to the conversation a local and global knowledge on EV’s.
ENERGY - How to cut usage and save money
* Niekia - Sea to Sky Solar: Her mission is to help homeowners and business owners take control of their energy costs and
make the shift to solar ownership with confidence. Learn how to!
* Kevin and Shakiel - BC Hydro: Their mission is to illustrate just how simple it is to save energy and money at home. They will
share conservation tips around the home and show where owners and renters use the most energy at home.
BIOENERGY AND WOOD BIOMASS - Innovation for Squamish
* Luisa Burhenne - Renewable Energy Strategist; Researcher, Clean Energy Research Centre, UBC
* Eric Andersen - Forest industry consultant; Co-champion, “Biomass Innovation Park for Squamish”
* Moderator: Professor Ian Picketts, Quest University